It's Corona time



Now if you are like me the words it's Corona time will have you stating a TikTok dance! Surely I am not the only one who has recently spent hours scrolling through the app, getting all the songs stuck in my head?

So it has been a few years now (wow time really did fly) since I last posted on here. Well life has been busy, purchasing my first home, working full time and just generally adulting really did get in the way. Due to certain circumstances and well now a global pandemic I find myself with A LOT of time on my hands to start up writing again. I find it very therapeutic to put down my thoughts to well some strangers on the internet, but if my ramblings manage to help just one person, then that will be a job well done.




As I mentioned I have been out of work for nearly two months now (wow that is still hard to come to terms with), so having to stay home with not a lot to do has now become second nature. Albeit I am still low key worrying about my lack of income, having just purchased my first home. For what should be a very happy time for me has become very stressful, which has only been made worse by CoronaVirus and all. So, what can we do to stop ourselves from going crazy, well I have put together a few tips on what I have been doing over the past two months.

1. Have a 'spring' clean

It is the right season and all, so why not use this time to sort out your wardrobe, tidy up and generally have a deep clean of your house.

Start by picking a room and choosing three things you want to get done. For example; Bedroom-reorganise wardrobe, dust and hoover. By breaking down things into manageable tasks it makes things seem a lot easier, it all helps to get it done quicker. If you need some folding tips, I highly recommend Marie Kondo's method and Mrs Hinch for all of your cleaning tips.

2. Make sure you get outside

Whether that is for a run, walk or cycle, it is important to get out and get some fresh air as well as some vitiation D. Also by putting in a few extra steps you will find the lbs drop off without even trying (when combined with a calorie deficit). I usually pop on a pair of headphones and listen to a podcast (James Smith PT is my personal favourite). Then I will just walk around for the duration of the podcast, which means you easily get at least 30 minutes of exercise in with minimal effort.

3. Read a book

Now is the perfect time for start reading. I truly believe when we stop learning we stop growing, so why not learn something new by reading?

I have followed Sinead Hegarty on Instagram now for a while and she is so motivating and inspiring, her website is full of useful book links and reviews. Why not get a group of friends involved too and start a virtual book club, 'meet up' once a week via Facetime or House Party and discuss your views on the book with a glass of wine (for over 18's only).

I know that once all of this is over and we return back to 'normal', that life really won't be the same, I will definitely appreciate the little things more and having by freedom back. I will ensure I take more time out away from social media and live more in the moment like I have done these past two months.

The most important thing to remember in the crazy time is that you are NOT alone. If you are feeling anxious, please reach out to friends and family, or leave a comment below. My inbox is always open for anyone that just needs a chat.

We are all in this together and we will get through this together!


No comments