My Top Tips For Saving

I have recently just brought a brand spanking new Mini...(eep). Whilst they are expensive cars getting one on finance offers you the chance to own your dream car which for me was a Mini. I have spent the past year lusting over Minis and often found myself checking out cars in the Tesco car park. After A LOT of research and thinking I finally decided to take the plunge and buy a Mini.


The first step in my goal of owning my dream car was to save for a deposit. I do want to move out eventually too so it was important for me to start saving for the future.

1. Get a handle of your spending
It is important to sit down and look at your spending habits. I personally have realised I have wasted a lot of money in Tesco on junk food and snacks. Not only not have I saved a lot of money by stopping my trips to Tesco my waist line has also benefited.  

2. Do you research on savings accounts
Martin Lewis is practically my new God! His website is full of helpful hints and tips which are worth the read!
First Direct are currently offering £150 to switch your current account to them,,,free money you say! Not only is the incentive very attractive First Direct are also a pretty good bank and rank high for customer satisfaction!
The cherry on the cake is their 6% interest savings account they offer to all of their customers. It does come with some catches such as a limit of £300 a month and the 6% offer is only for the first year. It is still one of the highest interest rate savings accounts out there so it is worth taking a look. 

3. Learn What To Sacrifice
Whilst you must learn to live without the daily coffee and that fab new dress and matching shoes, it does not mean you should give everything up! It is important that you do still go out and have fun and not to become a social recluse. 

4. Cashback Sites
Quidco and Top Cashback offer very generous cashback just for clicking through the links of their sites. It is worth checking out the deals before you shop online, you could end up earning some extra cash!

5. Be Realistic
Set goals you can stick to! There is no point saying I want to save £10,000 in a year if you can't afford to. We all do still need to live and have fun and not get caught up in our savings goals.

What are all of your top tips for savings?

No comments