Birthday celebrations

I turned the big 24 on Wednesday and to celebrate I went out with some friends for dinner and drinks. We went to La Tasca for dinner which used to be one of my favourtie restaurants, however they have changed the menu a few times over the past few years and not for the better (in my opinion). They also used to have all you can eat days from a set menu which was great value. Anyway I tried the new 'improved' menu once again and I feel it was nothing special however the food was still good. The thing I love about La Tasca is the tapas. I always struggle picking one item on a menu so I love tapas as it means I can try a bit of everything.

White Sangria 

Tapas Time


We also went to the Varisty roof terrace bar in Cambridge. I have wanted to go here for a while now as I have heard great things about it. The views were great and I felt like I was on holiday or at least not in Cambridge. The drinks were ok I opted for a Summer Gin which tasted a lot like strawberry jelly. They do provide you with blankets for the cooler nights which is a really nice touch. I do have to compliment the service as it was excellent, all the staff were very polite and made sure you were taken care of.





Finally we ended the night with a quick go on the Dodgems! I do love a good fair ground ride. This was part of the Big Weekend in Cambridge which is basically is a weekend of music and food. I love the French market they always have too!



No comments